Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Loss

      Loss is a horrible thing, and with it comes pain and suffering.  On February 18, 2012 I lost my uncle.  It was awful to stare into his open casket and to think I would never be able to talk to him again.  There was so much pain, and remorse in the room.  It was unbearable, but the only up side to the loss was that everyone was there.  It's the first time I've seen my entire family all at the same time.  I know it sounds sad, but it was nice to see my family.  I had always been the one off in the corner because there was never anybody in my age group, but at the funeral it didn't matter.  I truly felt all the love of every family member radiating around the room.
     Coming back from loss is harder though.  I thought I would just want to fall in a hole and never come back out, but my friends were there for me.  There were so many hugs and "are you ok's" that I felt like the most important person in the world.  The thing that made it even better was that I didn't have to say anything.  They could tell right away that something was off.
     It's definately hard moving on from such a big death, but I think I'll manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment